Friday, September 07, 2007

Arrested in the park...



I don't know if their claims about putting wheat-paster posters up is true or not. I find it kinda hard to believe that it would be allowed to put these posters up. Wheat-paste is a biodegradable mixture of wheat flour and water mixed to create a sticky paste. Eventually it will wash away, but it still leaves the paper to decompose on the traffic box. As much as I am for the message they are trying to get out, I do think they were in the wrong here. As always... I'm just a joe-schmoe sitting here in front of a computer so I could be wrong. If anyone knows, please post in comments. I do know that wheat-paste posters are what most of the local bands put their posters up around the city with.
I think the officers could have handled things a little better too. Not that they really did anything wrong here (though the man-handling of the woman and snatching her bucket away is questionable). The use of the horse to burst into the middle of the crowd strikes me as a bit over-the-top too, but thankfully no one was hurt.
I'll be curious if the protest gets coverage on C-span. I've heard of A.N.S.W.E.R. before from C-span.

No comments: