Monday, September 17, 2007

The Brave One...


Its late, and I'm tired, so I'll keep this short...
Last night, my friend and I wen to see the new Jodie Foster movie called "The Brave One". I'll review it here with a few short comments:
It felt long - It was just a hair over 2 hours, but I think because it had the same "tone" throughout the entire movie it just felt really long.
Great acting - Jodie nailed it again. I don't like Jodie on one aspect... she always plays "the victim". But, I give her credit, because she plays the victim SO WELL. Her Co-actor Terrence Howard also did a really good job. Nicky Katt on the other hand did not do so well. Maybe it was his dialog or something but his lines were horrible. Almost to the point where I had to keep my self from laughing.
Overall, I liked the movie. BUT I did not like the moral LOOP that my mind went into after/during seeing this movie. Nutshell, it was about this woman who turns into a vigilante. So it brings up that whole thing... is it right to take the law into you own hands. The best way my mind can answer that question is using a bit of "maybe logic"... No, it's not right to take the law into your own hands - BUT, I don't fault anyone who does under certain circumstances.
Warning, there are some extremely graphic violent scenes in this movie. One scene made me very uncomfortable.
Good movie.
One small side note... Jodie was really showing her age in this movie. Perhaps it was done intentionally, to make her more "real".

No comments: