Monday, September 10, 2007

Bug sounds


Found a really neat website thanks to "geekdad". Ever sit around on a nice fall evening and listen to all those crickets chirping? Ever wonder what kind of cricket it is? Or was it possible a tree frog? I have :) this website has some nice photos, and even better, recorded sounds of the bug in question. I learned that the cicada that I am so used to hearing since I was a kid is actually called a swamp cicada. I didn't even know there were different types of cicadas!

2 comments:

me said...

guess what?! today at work- i got to see a cicada coming out of it's shell.... i'll post some pics for your enjoyment- not tell me, what kind is it? hee hee

cyen said...

Very cool! I've only seen that happen once before myself. It's creepy and cool at the same time. Looking forward to pics :)
(liked your tomato garden too! speaking of pics)