Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New music thingy...

So a little while back, I went to an Adobe sponsored event. During the presentation, the presenter mentioned (and demo'd) a website called "finetune.com". It took me a while, but I finally made it over there to check it out. Its pretty cool. I found the navigation a bit confusing and clunky, but eventually I figured it out. In a nutshell, you can either listen to other people's playlists, listen to the "staff playlist" Updated frequently, and/or create your own playlists! They put a few strings on the playlist you create (which I understand, I'm amazed they can do what they do). It's totally legal. Some of the audio sounds a bit compressed, but for internet streaming it's not bad.
I'm going to try to embed my first playlist in the sidebar later, but for now, I'll try to embed my playlist in this single post. A brief explanation :) I didn't realize they put a 3 song limit per artist. I wanted to create a "techno/electronic" playlist for myself. But since the genre is a bit new to me, I quickly ran out of artists names! I then reverted back to throwing some 80's techno songs in. Then I threw in plain-ol' 80's songs. Then I just threw whatever popped into my head, because I just wanted to finish the list! (Apparently you can't listen to your playlist unless you have ALL 45 songs. Me no likey this.) So forgive for having the genre's jump all over the place, but hey, makes things interesting right?
I will say thatI found they had a good selection of artists, but I totally thought their "top picks" for that particular artist needs a good whack. For example, I typed in Depech Mode, and got a few odd ball songs.
IF you decide to try out your own playlist, be sure to leave a comment so I can check it out.
Now, sit back, put your headphones on or turn up your speakers and prepare to chill. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Finetune...and your playlist aint so bad either. Rock on!

cyen said...

Thanks Anon! :)